1. Your Reservation
Once we have received your signed booking form together with the deposit we will re-confirm the reservation
and receipt your payment, advising you of the balance and the date due. Please
check these details carefully and contact us immediately if there are any
discrepancies. No contract exists until we have received the deposit together
with the booking form duly signed.
2. Payment of Balance When we receive payment for the balance of the rental due, which must be ten weeks before departure, we will forward instructions on how to reach the property, together with any other arrangements and details of our authorised representative. If the balance is not received by us, we shall be entitled to cancel the booking, without prejudice to our claim for cancellation charges and to retain the deposit. For bookings made within ten weeks of departure, payment must include the full cost of the rental price.
3. Holiday Price The price of your holiday may be subject to change
according to the £/Euro exchange rate. We reserve the right to amend
the final price of your holiday if the exchange rate falls below 1.10.
We will absorb, and you will not be charged for, any increase equivalent
to 2% of the price of your holiday. We reserve the right to charge you for
any amount over and above that.
4. Cancellation Please telephone in the first instance and confirm
immediately in writing. The cancellation will be effective from the postmark
date of your letter. If you cancel your booking ten weeks or more before departure
we will retain the deposit. If you cancel your booking less than ten weeks
before departure we retain the total cost of your holiday. In the unlikely
event that we may have to cancel your booking for reasons beyond our control,
we shall immediately offer you alternative accommodation. Should that not
meet with your approval, your deposit will be returned in full and there will
be no further claim against us. We will not be responsible to pay any compensation
following a change or cancellation by us, including any fees incurred in terms
of other arrangements you have with other providers.
5. Liability We have a duty to select the accommodation
providers with reasonable skill and care. We have no liability to you for
the actual provision of the accommodation, except in cases where it is proved
that we have breached that duty and damage to you has been caused. Therefore,
providing we have selected the provider with reasonable care and skill, we
will have no liability to you for anything that happens at the accommodation
or any acts or omissions of the provider or others. We accept no liability
for any disturbance which may occur and is outside of our control.
We also have no liability in the following situations:
- where the accommodation cannot be provided as booked due to forces
beyond our control (see also point 8).
- where you incur any loss or damage that could not have been foreseen
at the time of your booking, based on the information provided by you.
- where you incur any loss or damage that relates to any business activity.
- where any loss or damage relates to any services which do not form
part of our contract with you.
- where any loss or damage of any kind caused by wars, threat of war,
threat or act of terrorism, natural disasters, riots, strikes, floods,
storms, epidemic or pandemic illness etc., or by any event which constitutes
If we are found liable to you on any basis, we limit the amount we have to pay you to a maximum of three times the cost of your accommodation. This does not apply to cases involving death or injury.
6. Maximum Numbers The maximum numbers for each property are stated in the individual apartment/villa descriptions. These numbers cannot be exceeded. As a courtesy to the property owners we ask that all persons intending to use the property at any time during the holiday should be named on the booking form.
7. Insurance We recommend you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover
you and your party against things like medical and additional expenses, cancellation
or curtailment, public liability, personal accident, baggage and personal
effects and personal money. Holiday cancellation insurance is not provided by Tuscan Holidays (or the owner of the property) and is not included in the price of the holiday. You should ensure that suitable holiday/travel/cancellation insurance is available from a source regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
8. Complaints In the event of cause for complaint you should first
seek satisfaction locally through the proprietor of the property or his/her
agent. Where you are given the number of our representative in Italy please
use this. If you are still not satisfied contact Tuscan Holidays immediately
by telephone and confirm the details of your complaint in writing to our representative
whilst you are still in occupation of the property. You should then follow
this up in writing to our office within 28 days after the last day of your
holiday. Tuscan Holidays shall have no liability for any claim which is not
made within this period of time.
9. Descriptions Tuscan Holidays honestly believe that all statements
made in their brochures and on their web site are factual and correct. Every
reasonable effort has been made to describe the properties and environs and
to provide the amenities described. We cannot therefore be held responsible
for any changes that became known after the brochures or web site were produced,
nor can Tuscan Holidays accept liability for happenings outside its reasonable
control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, building
work, delays to travel services etc., weather conditions, invasion of pests,
owner's negligence resulting in loss, injury or accident. These conditions
shall be governed by English Law.
- Where Wi-Fi is an advertised facility, please note that its provision is
subject to availability and network conditions. It may not be available 24
hours and is provided for pleasure not for business. Bookings are not
accepted if they are wholly reliant on the uninterrupted provision of Wi-Fi.
10. The Party Leader The person making the booking and signing the
booking form is responsible for, and accepts on behalf of, all members of
the party these terms and conditions. You are responsible for payments due
and for notifying us of any changes and keeping your party informed of any
changes. In the event of any unacceptable behaviour the owner of the property
reserves the right to ask the party to vacate the property.
All of the above applies only to services supplied by Tuscan Holidays and
does not apply to services featured in the brochure or on the web site that
are provided by any other company.